Thank you for showing interest in covering the 2017 Great American Eclipse from the Point of Greatest Eclipse, Hopkinsville, KY. We appreciate you taking the time to fill out the application for a media credential. We want you to be aware that simply submitting this form does not guarantee a credential will be issued.
How to Apply:
- Please complete and submit the below form online.
- All requests must include the names and assignments of all persons expecting to cover the event because credentials will be issued only to the person(s) designated on the application. Credentials are intended for working media representatives only and are non-transferable. The misuse of credentials will result in the immediate forfeiture of media privileges.
- You also may email information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All requests must be received at least 7 days in advance of the event.
- Deadline is August 14, 2017. Upon review and approval of a news agency’s application, appropriate media credentials will be arranged and confirmation will be sent via email. Each person receiving a credential must pick up and sign for his/her credential at the event site.
- Credentials can be picked up on site at the Thomas Street Rec Center, located at 2600 Thomas Street, Hopkinsville, KY 42240
- Credentialed media will receive access to appropriate/designated areas of the Media/VIP viewing area of the Point of Greatest Eclipse.
- When your application has been processed, you will be contacted via email to let you know whether your application has been approved or denied. Approval emails will include the credential office hours at Thomas Street Rec Center. Credentials must be picked up in person with proper ID.
- Media credentials will be issued only to legitimate newspapers, news services, science publications, and other publications and internet sites that regularly cover astronomy, science or tourism, and national television and radio networks, and local television stations, at the discretion of event coordinators.
- Freelance journalists and photographers must be on assignment and included on the application form submitted by the news agency’s editor.
- Working media credentials will not be issued for employees in marketing, promotions, sales, advertising, public relations, etc.
- All applications will be carefully screened.
For interviews with NASA scientists, Hopkinsville Mayor Carter Hendricks or Solar Eclipse Coordinator, Brooke Jung please contact Brooke Jung, Solar Eclipse Coordinator, prior to the event by email: email@example.com.
Thank you! We look forward to seeing you in #Eclipseville at the Point of Greatest Eclipse for the 2017 American Eclipse!